Submissions are open! The books must be received by the BolognaRagazzi Award Secretariat, accompanied by a completed Application Form, no later than 30 April 2021.
WHO CAN ENTER
The participation at BolognaRagazzi Award is free of charge open to publishers registered for the Bologna Children's Book Fair in the period 2019-2021.
HOW TO ENTER
BCBF Exhibitors in the period 2019-2020 shall read carefully the Regulations and complete the Application Form to be found on BCBF website.
Each submitted book must be accompanied by a completed form and received by the address specified on the Regulations no later than 30 April 2021.
REASONS TO APPLY
- BRAW is one of the most highly regarded international prizes in the sector of children’s publishing
- It is a great business opportunity for the awarded publishers, leading to the sale of rights in many new countries
- Winner and mentioned books gain extraordinary visibility worldwide thanks to promotional activities BCBF dedicate them, both at the fair and on line
VISIBILITY OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE AWARDED BOOKS
BRAW gives extraordinary visibility in the global publishing industry:
- Prize-giving ceremony during the fair
- Event with authors, illustrators and publishers of the awarded titles; the events will be scheduled in the official BCBF Events Programme both offline and on line
- Awarded books exhibition at the fair
- Mention on the BCBF Awards booklet, provided to all the Exhibitors at the fair and on line
- Visibility on BRAW’s page (BCBF website) with a specific frame for each awarded title
- Promotion on BCBF social media and on our blog “FairTales”
THE INTERNATIONAL JURY
The International Jury will select the winners and the special mentions for each category: FICTION, NON-FICTION, OPERA PRIMA, COMICS, and POETRY. Furthermore, the jury is also asked to give a special NEW HORIZONS award to a particularly innovative book. For the POETRY category, an independent jury made up of sector experts will be elected to work at the selection together with the BolognaRagazzi Award Jury.