For the second edition of the Carla Poesio award for the best Italian dissertation on children's literature, among the 23 theses received from universities across Italy, the jury identified five finalists:
- Antonio Fideleo, John Ciardi, Analysis of contemporary American poetry for children
- Chiara Malpezzi, The child writer in children's literature, between autobiography and Bildung
- Sara Mugerli, The television in Italy represented in children's magazines from 1954 to 1964
- Silvia Perrone, Dreams, colours and words of an illustrator: Antonella Abbatiello
- Doriana Ranieri, The narrative identity of the "child reader" in the "Giornalino della Domenica" magazine
The winner is Sara Mugerli with The television in Italy represented in children's magazines from 1954 to 1964, a rigorous and accurate paper that analyses the relationship between the periodical press for children (Il Corriere dei piccoli, Il Giornalino, Il Vittorioso) and television in the decade of its birth and evolution. Sara's thesis has been published by the ETS publishing house, thanks to the support of BolognaFiere.
We are also very pleased to announce that the winning thesis of the first edition too, The dystopian novel at Primary School: utopia or reality? by Ilaria Martino, has been published by ETS Edizioni.
Sara Mugerli, born in Milan, she graduated in Primary Education Sciences. She currently works as a primary school teacher and she also leads children's literature workshops at the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore.