The Illustrators Exhibition is an important international showcase of new trends in children’s book illustration. After the fair, the Exhibition travels to many countries, including Japan, China and South Korea.
Unlike the sector-specialist public at Bologna Children’s Book Fair, visitors to the itinerant exhibition will be primarily children, with their families or on school visits, who will be able to enjoy the vibrant energy and imaginative force of the illustrations on display. Venues include museums, art galleries and major libraries. Now regularly held in Japan and China, the exhibition subsequently moves on each year to other countries as new projects develop. Thanks to a partnership of over thirty years with JBBY Japan, the Illustrators Exhibition is a much-awaited annual event in Japan, hosted by art museums in many cities around the country. Since 2016, China has been the second important stop on the international tour, with the Exhibition showing at art museums and major libraries in five cities. Starting from 2019, South Korea is the a new stop on the Illustrators Exhibition’s international tour!
The 2021 Illustrators Exhibition’s World Tour
The 2021 Illustrators Exhibition started his tour in Japan.
- Itabashi Art Museum (Tokyo) - 17 July - 15 August 2021
- City Otani Memorial Art Museum (Nishinomiya) - 21 August - 26 September 2021
- Hamamatsu City Museum of Art (Shizuoka) - 2 - 31 October 2021
- Nanao Art Museum (Ishikawa) - 6 November - 12 December 2021
- Ota Art Museum and Library (Gumna) - 18 December 2021 - 23 January 2022
Then, the exhibition will be hosted in South Korea and China.