The Silent Book Contest - Gianni De Conno Award, is an event that takes place in partnership with BCBF. It honours illustrated and unpublished book projects that has been created through narration by illustrated images only.
For its seventh edition there were more than 200 submissions projects and an enlarged shortlist from 10 to 12 titles. Like every year, a former winner of the award joins the jury: the 2020 edition welcomes Arianna Papini, winner of the Silent Book Contest in 2017 with “R/Evolution” (Carthusia Edizioni).
The 2020 Silent Book Contest 12 finalists are:
- Bistra Masseva “Game set match” (Bulgaria)
- Agnese Leone “La sciarpa blu” (Italy)
- Li Rao “The Courage, in Mountain Wind” (China)
- Rina Allek “Bolezn” (Russia)
- David Hearn “Hide and Seek” (UK)
- Lucie Stastna “The night Hunt” (Czech Republic)
- Milk Ng “Hey Human see what you do” (China)
- Giovanni Colaneri “La Serra” (Italy)
- Olga Shevchenko “Odori della strada“ (Russia)
- Daria Solak “Hey I’m grey” (Poland)
- Mariann Maray “All the lonely People” (Hungay)
- Giulia Bazzu e Laura Maggioni “Habitat” (Italy)
A preview of these works is on Instagram: https://tinyurl.com/vjgke6k
The announcement of the winner will take place during the Turin International Book Fair (dates to be announced). While waiting for the 2020 winner, a digital showcase of the 12 shortlisted book projects will be on display on the Silent Book Contest and Carthusia websites.