CCBF 2019 is gearing up! From 15 to 17 November in Shanghai
BolognaFiere/ Bologna Children's Book Fair has opened in 2018 a new important chapter of its international activities becoming co-organizer of the China Shanghai International Children’s Book Fair (CCBF), the only book fair in Asia Pacific fully dedicated to books and other contents for children. CCBF is the only event that can be assimilated to the Bologna Children's Book Fair in being focused exclusively on children's publishing and with a predominantly professional format.
After six successful editions, CCBF has become a premium event for the global children’s publishing industry: it hosts one of the leading copyright exchange hubs for children’s books and content, contributing to the meeting and exchange between China, with its great heritage of literature and illustration, with the rest of the world.
CCBF is also a great opportunity to engage in the booming Chinese children's book market. China boasts one of the fastest growing book markets in the world. The country already publishes the largest number of children’s books, releasing over 40,000 new titles every year, and targeting 367 million children and young adults.
From 15 to 17 November 2019, BCBF will bring to Shanghai several activities aimed at enhancing the professional side of the fair along with numerus international experts in illustration and publishing for children.
CCBF brings together the best Chinese publishers of children's books and a large number of international exhibitors. The 2019 edition of CCBF will unfold over a record space of 25,000 square metres, 38% more than last year. It will bring together around 400 top publishers and children’s content players from 30 countries and territories, and around 40,000 visitors.
CCBF is not just a marketplace for the rights exchange but also an unmissable occasion for the international children’s publishing community to gather together in order to share, debate and discuss new ideas and future perspectives, as it traditionally happens in Bologna.
As well as the large exhibition area, CCBF offers a wide range of activities aimed at enhancing the cultural backdrop of the fair: the Golden Pinwheel Young Illustrators Competition and Exhibition, the Chen Bochui International Children’s Literature Award, one longest running literary prizes in China, the Authors Festival, which brings together renowned authors from China and overseas, the exclusive Shanghai Visiting International Publishers Programme (SHVIP)., and a compelling line-up of International Conferences.
The Bologna Children’s Book Fair adds its experience and client hub to this amazing event, sharing ideas, providing its consolidated network of relationships and enlarging the cultural programme with meetings, exhibitions and awards while combining copyright and cultural exchange with professional updating.
The result is a unique “Bologna flair” in Shanghai:
- Exclusive Lounges: reserved for all the winning and shortlisted publishers of the Bologna Awards
- The Literary Agents Centre: Literary Agents and Scouts are welcomed at CCBF in this dedicated area located in the Copyright Zone
- The Illustrators Survival Corner: reference space for illustrators at BCBF, the Corner is regularly hosted at CCBF with its extensive programme of masterclasses, special events and workshops. In its first edition in Shanghai, this space was the real place-to-be for illustrators: more than 2,000 people attended its masterclasses and workshops, while all day long queues for the portfolio review sessions, run by editors and famous artists, confirmed the success of the Corner.
- Shanghai Digital: a vibrant place to uncover the many opportunities offered by the connected print and media worlds
- A wide programme of conferences and workshops on the hot topics for the industry: picture book secrets, digital challenges and connected publishing, audiobook growth, licensing opportunities and much more.
INFO: Mariaelena Schiavo, firstname.lastname@example.org tel. +39 051 282298