ART. 1 – PURPOSE OF THE AWARD
On the occasion of the 2024 Bologna Children's Book Fair, BolognaFiere shall assign the BolognaRagazzi CrossMedia Award. At a time when many publishers are seeking to create added value for their properties, Bologna Children's Book Fair has decided to establish an award to acknowledge the best crossmedia projects developing narratives across several media in which a book features as a key element giving access to a wider narrative universe.
Participation in the Award is free of charge and open to publishers, IP owners, authors, Intellectual Properties developers/producers and all others involved in the creation and production of the project.
The prize will have two categories:
- CrossMedia Projects: The International Jury of the BolognaRagazzi CrossMedia Award shall identify crossmedia narrative projects that have convincingly succeeded in migrating, intersecting or extending their reach into the world of books, television and cinema, videogames, mobile devices or smart speakers. The book must be fundamental to the development of the wider narrative universe afforded by the overall project.
- Digital Reading Experiences: The Jury will identify projects capable of transferring the reading experience of children and kids to digital media in a convincing and original way through applications, reading platforms, content libraries or digital editorial series.
The International Jury shall award a Prize for each of the two categories from among the works submitted. The Jury may also award Special Mentions.
ART. 2 - REQUIREMENTS
- Crossmedia Projects
The crossmedia project must have as its starting or finishing point books, novels, picturebooks or graphic novels for early or young readers. For projects going from the printed book to digital formats, the multimedia expansions must have been published / released for the first time in the period between 1st January 2021 and 31st December 2023. Similarly, for projects going from the digital to printed version, the books derived from multimedia projects must have been published for the first time in the period between 1st January 2021 and 31st December 2023.
The range of different media covered by the projects submitted shall be one of the parameters evaluated by the Jury. The following are examples of the media categories that will be taken into consideration by the Jury:
- TV series
- Apps (mobile, AR, VR, etc.)
- Video games (mobile, console, PC, browser)
- Web platforms
- Audio content for smart speakers
- Social writing platforms
- Digital Reading Experiences
The digital reading experiences for the early and young reader age groups must be made available by digital reading platforms, libraries, applications or digital publishing series, and must have been published for the first time or have new content published between January 1st, 2021 and December 31st, 2023.
Participation in the Award implies full acceptance of these Regulations.
ART. 3 – WORKS FOR SUBMISSION
Applicants may submit one or more entries.
ART. 4 – APPLICATION FORM
Application Forms to enter the competition - available online on the event website - must be completed and returned no later than 15 January 2024.
Candidates may be requested to send additional material to allow the Jury to further assess the works submitted with a view to selecting the winners and special mentions.
Applicants are advised to read the online Application Form carefully and check the material required to enter the Competition.
ART. 5 – THE JURY
All works admitted to the Competition will be submitted to the irrevocable judgement of an International Jury made up of experts in sectors such as children’s literature, interactive and graphic design, new media, video games, cinema and television.
ART. 6 – RIGHTS OF BOLOGNAFIERE
Applicants - as exclusive owners of the shortlisted titles or as subjects authorized by the exclusive owners - shall grant BolognaFiere the non-exclusive right to:
- reproduce the titles accepted for the Competition on posters, leaflets, and any other printed matter or online communication concerning the "Bologna Children's Book Fair" trade show;
- use, in any form, even separately, also granting such right to third parties for any reason whatsoever, reproductions of the titles accepted for the Competition in both the catalogue and other "Bologna Children's Book Fair" publications, provided the names of the author and publisher of the work, as well as any other rights holders are indicated therein;
- the right to reproduce, even in part, the works submitted and accepted.
BolognaFiere declines any liability for eventual errors or omissions.
ART. 7 – THE AWARD AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
The Award for Cross-media Projects will be assigned to the applicant and to the publisher of the book(s) that are part of the winning projects. In the event of co-editions, the Award will be assigned to both co-publishers but delivered to the publisher to first submit the application form. For the purposes of this competition, only those projects expressly indicated as co-editions shall be considered such. The Digital Reading Experience Prize will be awarded to the applicant, together with the publisher / platform owner / app / series.
ART. 8 – CANCELLATION OR CHANGES TO THE COMPETITION
BolognaFiere may, at its sole discretion, cancel the Award or change the dates, without any compensation being due to the participants.
ART. 9 – NATURE OF THE COMPETITION
The Competition referred to in these Regulations falls within the exemptions provided for under Art. 6 of Italian Presidential Decree no. 430 of 26 October 2001.
ART. 10 – ITALIAN JURISDICTION AND COMPETENT COURT OF LAW
Relations between Competition participants and BolognaFiere shall be governed by Italian law. Any dispute arising in this regard shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Italian judicial authorities and be the exclusive competence of the Court of Bologna.
ART. 11 – FINAL CLAUSE
Participation in the Competition and use of the Award and acknowledgements shall be free of any charge and shall not entail any obligation or commitment of any kind other than the conditions of participation laid down in these Regulations.