Forging Forward: The Pandemic – An Interruption, or An Opportunity to Rethink?
The conference delivered a thorough understanding of the new challenges facing the global publishing industry. The speed and complexity of change recently has set many challenges, but with these came opportunities.
The programme enabled deeper understanding of the publishing landscape now, combined with ideas, inspiration and pathways for moving forward strategically and confidently.
This headline BBPlus event was co-chaired by President of the International Publishers Association (IPA), Bodour Al Qasimi and founder of Mensch Publishing, Richard Charkin. The conference partner was The International Publishers Association (IPA).
Six 0n Demand events were available for all those who attended Forging Forward.
Themes of the conference:
- 125th anniversary of the International Publishers Association
- Changing Reading Habits and next gen readers
- Equality in Education and publishing’s role
- Taking Local Content Global
- Innovation, new business and success post Covid
With your Forging Forward ticket you have access to two free Gateway events, the week before Forging Forward, and four On Demand webinars. These will all be available until end July 2021.
- Copyright Symposium in partnership with the IPA – broadcast 3pm, 7 June 2021 and On Demand until end July 2021
- State of the Nations: An Executive Roundtable - broadcast 9 June, 2pm, 2021 and On Demand until end July 2021
On Demand Webinars:
- Audio Publishing: Covid’s Impact and Moving on to Greater Growth & Success - On Demand until end July 2021
- Accessibility in Publishing - On Demand until end July 2021
- A Decade of Diversity in Children’s Books: The Past, Present and Future - On Demand until end July 2021
- Liberating the book PR tour: How the Pandemic has opened up the world – On Demand until end July 2021
SEE THE PROGRAMME