To mark Più Libri, Più Liberi, the book fair for small and medium size publishers in Rome, BCBF invited seven children's book professionals from a range of countries to meet with Italian publishers and get a deeper insight into the Italian book market.
This Fellowship programme focused on children's publishing is organised by the Bologna Children's Book Fair in collaboration with the Italian Publishers Association (AIE), and with the support of the Italian Trade Agency (ITA/ICE) and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI).
An opportunity to gain detailed insight into the Italian publishing scene is offered, through a tailor-made tour of children’s publishing houses, specialised bookshops, and artists' studios. One important stop of the tour is the Rights Centre of “Più Libri Più Liberi”.
The participants of the 2021 Fellowship:
- Marta Tutone (Liana editorial, Publisher)
- Marija Spasic (Izdavaštvo Jeti, Manager and Translator)
- Katharina Ebinger (Thienemann-Esslinger Verlag, GmbH Editor in Chief Thienemann, Aladin and Gabriel)
- Christine Dale (OneTree House, Director)
- Agata Loth-Ignaciuk (Wydawnictwo Druganoga, Editor in Chief)
- Mireia Trius (Zahorí Books, Founder and Editor)
- Arianna Squilloni (A buen paso, Publisher)